President and Chief Executive Officer, Baptist Health South Florida (Coral Gables, FL)
South Florida’s largest, most preferred not-for-profit healthcare system – with an annual operating budget of $2.5 billion – is comprised of 7 hospitals, 30 outpatient centers, 2,300 physicians, and more than 15,000 employees. U.S. News & World Report ranks Baptist Health hospitals among the best in the country and tops in Florida.
A Destination Employer
Under Mr. Keeley’s leadership, Baptist Health is proud to have been recognized by a number of prestigious organizations for being one of the best employers in the United States.
- 100 Best Companies to Work For In America – Fortune
- Most Diverse of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For – Fortune
- World’s Most Ethical Companies – Ethisphere Institute
- Great Workplace Award (for having a productive and engaged workforce) – Gallup
- Environmental Excellence Award – Practice Greenhealth
- Corporation of the Year – Legacy Magazine
- 100 Best Companies For Working Mothers – Working Mother
- 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare – Modern Healthcare
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Platinum Award – National Business Group on Health
- 100 Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems – Hospital & Health Networks
A Sustainable Economic Enterprise
Baptist Health is Miami-Dade County’s second-largest private-sector employer and one of the top drivers of the regional economy.
- Rated “AA” by both Standard & Poors and Moody’s
- Economic impact exceeds $4 billion, as calculated by a Washington Economics Group study
- More than 34,000 jobs supported, representing $1.7 billion in annual household income
Most Valued Experience: Former Member and Board Chair, Miami Branch, Federal Reserve Board of Atlanta, 2000-2006
Most Meaningful Experience: Dog Catcher, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 1966
Most Diverse Experience: Honorary Consul General, St. Kitts & Nevis
Professional Recognition: 2012 Distinguished Alumnus Award, School of Public Health Services, George Washington University
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Married to Psychologist, Dr. Suzanne Keeley
- Adult Children (2): Amanda (Artist) and Court (Attorney)
- Pet: Summer